I’ve finally decided to venture out into the big world of waffles by putting together a waffle recipe that doesn’t come from a box. Though I gotta admit I am a big fan of those toaster waffles. These waffles are extremely simple to make, and so I recommend you give them a whirl. I can almost guarantee they’ll make you…drool.
• 1 Tbsp flax meal
• 3 Tbsp warm water
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil in liquid state
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 2 tsp sugar
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 cup almond milk (or other non dairy milk)
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• To serve:
• Agave Syrup
• Dark vegan Chocolate of choice
• Fruit of your choice
How to put these yummy to the tummy waffles together:
1. Preheat a waffle iron.
2. Mix flax meal and warm water and let sit for about 2 minutes until it’s thickened. Then add in coconut oil and mix.
3. Add flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, salt, almond milk, vanilla extract and whisk together until there are no lumps in your batter.
4. Pour on waffle iron and cook until lightly golden brown. Serve them with shredded vegan dark chocolate, and with some fruit and agave syrup!
(Highly suggest you try this recipe as a breakfast in bed! Amplifies the taste! 😁)