If you’re anything like me there is nothing better than a stack of warm pancakes, topped with some fresh fruits in the morning. Back before I discovered pancakes could be a healthy breakfast I would eat an entire stack with a side of guilt. That is no longer the case thanks to the discovery of healthy recipe alternatives. Here’s a pancake recipe that’ll give you a protein kick, get your day going, and keep you full until lunch!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup of cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 1/8 cup of oatmeal
- 1/8 cup of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons maple or agave syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (If you’re vegan you can use egg substitute. Get yours here)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup of milk (Vegans can replace with Almond milk)
- Rind from one lemon
- 1 scoop Juice Plus+ Complete French Vanilla
- Rinse the quinoa with cold water and cook the quinoa for 12 minutes
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Grease a small frying pan with a small amount of coconut oil and cook each pancake
- Add syrup if desired, and your favorite fruits on top!